Tuesday 29 January 2008

I did it!!!!



I did it, I did it. I finished my first ever hand made wedding present!! Last year I got this insane idea that I should make wedding presents for my family from now on. After months of debating what to make, then deciding on a table cloth, getting the materials, then deciding that I didn't like it, getting more materials and starting 3 (yes, that's right, three) times, I got some more yarn and started this round ripple blanket. I used a Shifio baby shawl pattern, used a strand each of DK and 4-ply with a 9mm crochet hook and made this. Well, she got married in November (yep, delayed reaction) and now in January I finished her present. All it needs now is to get it wrapped and posted to South Africa. I have had the card a few months, but as they say, better late than never. Lets just hope the present for her sister getting married in May gets made and posted in time.

5 comments:

Heldasland said...

Thats beautiful,

I don't knit socks said...

Thats superb, Tracy. Well done.
Jenny

tracy said...

Thank you. :)

Nezumi said...

Tracy you have made a beautiful gift, well done :)

teakaycee said...

Wow.... that is outstanding!!!
Great job!!!


You've been tagged.
Check for the rules on my blog.
http://www.coffeencrafts.blogspot.com